This notice explains what personal data (information) we hold about you, how we collect it, and how we use and share information about you during the course of our retainer and after it ends. We are required to notify you of this information under data protection legislation. Please ensure that you read this notice and any other similar notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process information about you.
Who collects the information
Vertical Sales Recruitment Limited t/a Huntr® (company number 06832705) (‘Company’) is a ‘data controller’ and gathers and uses certain information about you. In this notice, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ mean the Company.
When you agree to become a candidate, or when you (or a party instructed by you) supplies your curriculum vitae to us, you agree to the collection by us and the use by us of your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
About the information we collect and hold
We may collect the following information during the course of our retainer:
- Your name, age, contact details (ie address, home and mobile phone numbers, email address) and your national insurance number;
- Information collected during the interview process that we retain during our retainer;
- Your employment history and curriculum vitae;
- Details of your current salary and benefits;
- Details of the insurance cover you maintain in relation to employer’s liability, public liability and professional indemnity;
- Your nationality and immigration status and information from related documents, such as your passport or other identification and immigration information;
- A copy of your driving licence;
- Certificates confirming your qualifications;
- Information in your sickness and absence records (including sensitive personal information regarding your physical and/or mental health);
- Information on conduct and/or other disciplinary issues involving you;
- Details of your appraisals and performance reviews.
- Links to your professional profiles on social media.
- Information about you that is a matter of public record.
How we collect the information
We may collect this information from you, your former employers, consultants and other professionals we may engage, eg to advise us generally, social media, job board websites, online CV libraries and other relevant websites and applications, cookies and Google Analytics and other third parties.
Why we collect the information and how we use it
We are a recruitment agency. We will collect and use this information for the following purposes:
- for the performance of our contract with you, (including but not limited to the preparation of a candidate profile for you and the securing of a temporary or permanent placement for you with one of our clients) or to take steps to enter into or vary a contract with you;
- for compliance with a legal obligation; and
- for the purposes of our legitimate interests which include the maintenance of a database of candidates containing historic information and current resourcing requirements and the identification of suitable job opportunities.
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any material changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
How we may share the information
We will share the above information (other than your sensitive personal data, which we will not disclose without your express consent other than on an anonymous basis as part of diversity monitoring) with other companies in our group and with parties such as potential employers, their accountants or umbrella companies acting as your employer. Information shared with potential employers will be anonymised in the first instance and your identity will not be disclosed without your consent. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations. We may also be required to share some information to comply with the law.
Where information may be held
Information may be held at our offices and third party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above. Information may be transferred internationally to other countries around the world, including countries that do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the UK, for the reasons described above. We have security measures in place to seek to ensure that there is appropriate security for information we hold.
How long we keep your information
We keep your information during and after our retainer for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed.
Your rights to correct and access your information and to ask for it to be erased
Please contact Daniel Sullivan at email@example.com if you would like to correct or request access to information that we hold relating to you or if you have any questions about this notice. You also have the right to ask for some but not all of the information we hold and process to be erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’) in certain circumstances.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Queries or concerns
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If not, contact the Information Commissioner at ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113 for further information about your rights.